Tuesday, May 8, 2012

CG Websites & Interesting Work


Andrew Hickenbottom (Image from cgsociety)
   I have been following the 3D artist Andrew Hickenbottom for a while now, and everything he has been producing has been great. I have seen this image on the various CG websites, and I really love it. The feel of the image as well as the character herself is intriguing. I would like to learn how to create 2D & 3D stylized characters that would be on par with Andrew's quality.

Sven Juhlin (Image from DaybreakCg.com)

  This is a piece I found when I was art surfing on cgsociety. I came across an artist named Sven Juhlin, a freelance character artist from Sweden. This character interested me a lot, because it was one of his more rugged characters. I love the detail that he puts into each one of his characters, and his presentation is awesome. Eventually I would like to learn how to turn my drawings into 3D characters, render them, and present them as well as Sven has done.

Kim Sukjun (Image from CGHUB )


  This is a new artist that I just found out about, because this piece made the Editor's Picks. I decided to check it out, because I have always been interested in armor and weaponry. To my surprise this was actually a piece that was done based on the show "Game of Thrones." I actually watch this show, and I think that he did an amazing character based off of the show. It does not look like he has been on CGHUB for very long, but I will surely follow this artist, and I look forward to seeing more of his artwork! Here is a link to his blog http://blog.naver.com/kajuma.

Marco Plouffe (Image from http://www.marcoplouffe.com/)

  This is one of my favorite pieces, it feels like it comes from the world of Dead Space. I always enjoy horrible creatures, so this naturally drew my attention when I was looking around Pixologic. The amount of detail that he has on his characters is astonishing, and I want to be able to create something of the same caliber. Marco Plouffe started off drawing when he was younger, but now he spends most of his time sculpting, and he works for THQ in Montreal. It sounds like this could be a good route for me, however I would like to focus on Concept Art, and sculpt my characters on the side. Who knows what will happen down the line? All I know is that I hope I am able to work at a great company creating awesome art.

No comments:

Post a Comment